Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

And life goes on...

Since the honeymoon, Stephen and I have been having many new adventures. I shot a wedding with Amberle in Chicago, Stephen has gotten underway at his full-time job with the H.D., Stephens best friend Dinger married his beautiful wife Kristy, we have fully unpacked and put everything in its place, we have finished our wedding shower thank you cards (its a start;-), and as of recently, I found myself with my own full time job at the H Hotel in Midland!

The first weekend after our honeymoon, I headed to Chicago with Ambie to shoot a wedding with her. While we were there, we got to see and play with Christopher, Ryan, and of course Tucker (their dog).
And, Stephen and I have discovered (well its pretty hard to miss, ) that we have approximately 134 ducks living in the pond behind our house. Sometimes we feed them. Sometimes they are vicious. I had the terrifying experience of watching one duck bite a seagull in the neck, just for being in the crowd waiting for food. I tried really hard to get the seagull some food but, to no avail. He was sort of far away from the rest of the ducks after that and bread isn't super aerodynamic. Here's our ducks; the little devils...
They really are nuts. Anyway, I have also tried my hand at cooking a couple of times now. (Though I still think Mac'n'cheese and hot dogs make a perfectly good meal.) My first attempt was to do a baked pasta that Lily is super good at and, as far as I'm concerned, I thought it was fabulous! And so did the boy which is probably the most important as he usually eats most of whatever I cook...
I tried enchiladas this week! I made them last night and Stephen managed to finish them off my lunch today. Guess that went well too. I also went home for a day last week, while Stephen was at work. Miles was chillin with Mom for a couple of days so I thought I would get in on that action; plus, Lily had the day off and I still had more stuff to bring back here.
There's my guy. Love him.

I have orientation for my new job today! That will definitely be an adventure. The hotel is a LARGE one. It's not so much that there are so many rooms, as there are a lot of rooms, a full work-out facility, two restaurants, a few banquet centers, and I don't really know what else. Check it out for yourself!

Anyway, I think thats all as adventures go for the last couple weeks. I might throw some pictures up here from the wedding I shot as soon as I finish editing them, as well as some from Dinger and Kristy's and our weekend up north! See ya real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment