Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, we did it.

Stephen and I have been married for a couple of weeks now and I feel the need to write it down. These are very new adventures we are embarking on and if you are interested, you can come along for the ride.

The honeymoon was FABULOUS! It was so fun to be taken care of every step of the way. We stayed at Old Key West resort at Disney World. The second we got off the plane, we were greeted by cast members who lead us to the Magical Express that whisked us away to our resort property. Then began the congratulatory remarks. When you have those just married pins on, you become a celebrity; and when you wear the hats, everyone else becomes the paparazzi. We made our way into many peoples family albums. Here are a few pictures from our family album!



The trip was absolutely perfect. We had a shuffle board tournament (which I won, of course), we took tons of boat rides to and from downtown Disney, we cooled off in the pool, went to Animal Kingdom and Epcot, and got free deserts with every meal. If we could have stayed longer, I am sure we would have. But back to real life we came, and this time we didn't have to say goodbye!!

On that note, married life is weird. I love it, don't get me wrong. But the things you disagree about are just different than before. For example, we had a solid discussion about which side of the sink we should regularly run the water on. In my family, it always runs on the disposal side, but in his, it runs on the sinky side. These are strange discussions. I never would have even thought to ask him this before we got married. It doesn't really even matter. Marriage is just weird. I think I will stick with it though...

As a happy post script, I will add that I have an interview at a swanky little hotel in downtown Midland today! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment